Sunday, September 14, 2008
In-Service Teacher Training Workshops in The National Concert Hall
We have just completed a very successful week of Simply Music Interactive Technology Music Workshops in The National Concert Hall. This 5 Day “In Service Teacher Training Workshop” (in it’s second year) was approved by the Department of Education & Science and the Learn & Explore Department of the National Concert Hall. It was attended by 18 very enthusiastic Teachers and Principals from Drogheda, Dublin, Kildare and Mayo.
We are currently collating all feedback evaluation forms. Please read some of the feedback inputted to date:
1. “I wanted to develop confidence in delivering the music curriculum and I feel more confident-and enthused- as a direct result of this course. LOADS of ideas. Brilliant. Thanks” ……..
“The course had great content, both music and I.T. Excellent hands-on practice, all relevant to the music curriculum - excellently presented and delivered, accommodating the mix of ability/experience in the group - AND it was FUN!” …..
“The expertise of Paul & Sile - shared in a pleasant, non-intimidating way & always listening to your needs & adapting to our abilities/weaknesses.”
…”one of the best courses I've done in my (long!) teaching career.”
Mary Finnegan, Teacher, St. Vincent de Paul Infant School, Griffith Ave, Dublin 9
2. “Very relevant to all levels in primary schools. Aspects of the course easily adapted for younger children.”……
“Interesting, varied and very comprehensive percussion course.”…
“Programme delivered with great clarity and enthusiasm. All aspects of programme explained in great detail for the novice percussionist!”
Miriam Hanberry, Ass. Teacher. B. Post, Tullyallen, N.S. Drogheda
3. “It covers so many aspects of the music curriculum for primary schools.”…
“This was by far the best summer course I have attended. I would do it even if the D.E.S. weren't allowing extra personal vacation days for attending!!!”
Michael Shanley, Principal, St. Patrick's SNS Corduff, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
4. "Children would respond very positively to follow on-screen 'conductor'. Amount covered almost hard to believe."
"Brilliant (facilitators) - obvious that they work very well together - acknowledged different ability levels/'music' knowledge of participants. Possibilities for improvisation / experimentation stressed. Enthusiasm shone through."
"….combination of discussion / teaching and playing which made the whole thing so much fun!"
"The workshop course is perfect!"
Eithne Shanley, Teacher, St. Bridgid's, Beechpark Lawn, Castlenock, Dublin 15
5. “The software is brilliant & gave great cohesion when playing together. Great to get a 'go' on so many instruments & loved the interactivity between voice & instruments & software”….
“Excellent - very useful for the classroom & good fun. We learned so much in such an enjoyable way.”…
“A 'must' for every primary school teacher!”
Elizabeth O'Brien, Dep. Principal, St. Brigid's N.S., The Coombe, Dublin 8